Are Hand Sanitizers Really Worth it? Beware Harmful for Children!

By Samille Abada, | March 06, 2017

Although hand sanitizers are known to have a lot of health benefits, they have been found to be harmful to children when swallowed. (YouTube)

Although hand sanitizers are known to have a lot of health benefits, they have been found to be harmful to children when swallowed. (YouTube)

Germs are everywhere, so many of us turn to alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Your hands are considered to be the most exposed part of your body. This means that your hands are more prone to acquiring germs.

Although hand sanitizers are known to have a lot of health benefits, they have been found to be harmful to children when swallowed. Many hand sanitizers with indications of not being toxic, but according to NDTV, this may not be the case.

Like Us on Facebook

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, although it is proven that hand sanitizers can be an inexpensive and effective product to minimize microorganisms on the skin, it can lead to certain health risks if it is ingested or used improperly.

There are government reports that an increasing number of children are getting quite sick because they are ingesting these products. In facts, there are more than 70,000 cases of children under 12 years old related to such health risks, either deliberately or accidentally.

Hand sanitizers usually contain up to 90 percent of isopropyl alcohol or ethanol, mixed with various aromas. Children who ingest these products may become severely sick, while exhibiting eye problems, breathing difficulties, and even suffer from coma.

Hand sanitizers are considered as fixtures of modern society, but mishandling it may lead to a harmful result. So the next time you use it, most especially for your children, make sure that there is no way they will ingest it.

 

©2017 Telegiz All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission
Real Time Analytics